Sunday, December 7, 2008

12/07/08 - more NOS from ebay

  • NOS Honda brand points
  • NOS Honda brand peg rubbers front left and right
Images to come....


Haven't touched the bike since its been real cold, I don't work out in the cold anymore....not even for money... I'm going to move it to a warm space soon for assessment and teardown. I believe that I can re-do this bike with mostly NOS parts at a reasonable cost. I recon that I can recycle the used stuff on ebay for a decent buck to offset the new parts. Then I calculate the aggravation in on the used parts if I reuse them. The man-hours of elbow grease. This is the reason most restorations of all types stop dead in their tracks. There ain't nothing like assembling something with all new parts. Most of the parts on this bike are available as NOS HONDA. When I say available, I mean through a Honda Dealer. Some dealers charge full retail price, some charge wholesale. NOS parts are also available elsewhere from many sources including old-time dealer attics and basements. NOS Honda parts can are cheap compared european NOS parts. My BMWs and Vespas NOS parts are a bit more scarce and pricy.  A few things not available (but turn up time to time) as NOS are: 
  • main wiring harness
  • clocks
  • tanks
  • sidecovers
  • carbs
Give me time and I just might find them.

No comments: