Saturday, December 13, 2008

new plugs

I  just scored this vgc dash panel an hour ago on Ebay.

About the bike.........

Finally went and played with the damn thing the other night. I'm trying to start it so I can evaluate it. I will be removing the engine soon, but I want to know a little about it before I do. Put a little gas in it and charged the battery. Won't start. Plug time. I don't clean plugs(especially ones I didn't put in).... $9.00 for new plugs is cheap.... Those who don't agree shouldn't own toys.

Dug thru my tools and finally found a 19mm spark plug socket... changed the plugs and she fired right up on choke. The ignition is a 30 year old setup and it was weak when it was new. one of my plug wires is broke off at the spark plug end. I'm going to get a Boyer Bransden sys for it and new coils and silicone 8mm solid core wires. 

Now that I know the general mechanical shape of the engine, it's time to dismantle the bike. A lot of stuff will be sold and replaced with NOS. I already have a good headstart on that.  



No comments: