Thursday, December 4, 2008

Monday December 1 2008



                                                                                   I call first thing next day and I get the owner, he is in town and its on the back of his pickup. Awesome. I round up $500. I meet him and he points out a few things and says to make an offer.. I say $400..... he says $450...... I tell him where to deliver it....We unload it at my office....Exchange cash for title....I hop on ebay (actually, I've already been looking for days.....)

From what I can see, it needs a few things like an original taillamp and plate bracket (whole new fender wouldn't hurt), keys and locks (seat, forks, tank, and ignition), the existing mirror to be thrown out, rear signals, tool kit, owners manual pack, 2 new side covers (only came with 1 broken one). the seat isnt terrible (not really ripped or anything but I want to do an original recover or get a new seat. NOS seats are out there. There is one on ebay right now for $279, totally worth it considering that the used one will cost way more to restore (blasting, paint, foam, repro upholstery work....). Original paint and decals aren't that bad.... Im gonna polish the thing and then see what it worth...


No comments: